Filling out the Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) can be a challenge. We are offering help from experienced FAFSA advisers from the GReat Aspirations Scholarship Program (GRASP). Sign up now for a help session with a GRASP adviser at one of our libraries. You will get one-on-one help in a small group setting.
Libbie Mill Library
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
We have 18 spots at Libbie Mill, nine at 5pm and nine at 6:30pm. Call now to get your spot!
Registration begins December 12, 2015. For more information, call 290-9400 x6.
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
We have 20 spots at Fairfield, ten at 5pm and ten at 6:30pm. Call now to get your spot!
Registration begins January 4, 2016. Call 290-9330 for more information.
Twin Hickory Library
Thursday, February 11, 2016
We have 12 spots at Twin Hickory, six at 5pm and six at 6:30pm. Call now to get your spot!
Registration begins January 11, 2016. For more information, call 290-9200 x5.
Here’s what you need to bring to fill out the FAFSA:
- Student’s & Parent’s Social Security Number.
- Student’s driver’s license (if they have one).
- Family’s current bank statements.
- Student’s alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen).
- Student’s 2015 W-2 Forms (or 12/31/15 pay-stub) and any other records of money earned.
- Student’s (& spouse’s, if applicable) 2015 Federal Income Tax Return, or most recent IRS Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
- Parent’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if student is dependent for federal aid purposes) or most recent tax return and 12/31/2015 pay stub.
- Family’s 2015 untaxed income records – Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, or veteran’s benefits records.
Note: If you have not filed your 2015 taxes yet, you can still fill out the FAFSA based on last years income and update it after taxes are filed. Not having filed taxes should not deter anyone from filing the FAFSA.