We know it’s exam/SOL time and that stress can cause you to reach for junk food. Don’t eat your stress!! There are plenty healthful snack ideas for your exam week, be it a between-exam snack at school or what you’re munching on at home while you study. I promise you can find something tasty.
For added brain power and concentration you’ll want to stick mostly to fresh fruit, veggies, nuts and proteins. Here are some ideas:
- Oatmeal with fresh bananas,walnuts and honey
- Sunflower seeds
- Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and/or granola
- Whole grains, have some whole wheat spaghetti noodles dressed however you like
- SMALL amount of dark chocolate!
- Steamed edamame with Wasbi dressing (Sour Cream or Mayonnaise, Wasabi, Soy Sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice)
- Fresh berries, maybe with a bit of whipped cream on top
- Apple slices with peanut butter, almond butter, your favorite nut butter
- Triscuits and cheese
- Hummus and dipping veggies, like baby carrots, cucumber or celery
If you didn’t see anything good here that floats your goat (how could that be?) Check out this Pinterest board for more snack ideas
Is there a healthful snack you like ? Tell us about it in the comments!